Roulette tips and tricks for you to learn
Roulette is one of the most exciting games in a casino anywhere in Asia, be it in Singapore or the Philippines. Every person is trying to get on the excitement, and the dealer makes it more special. Thanks to modern technology, more bettors can play because online roulette can be accessed along with other live casino games at the click of a button or app. Furthermore, you have more choices regarding the type of roulette game you will play.
Also, while live roulette provides some of the lowest buy-ins when you try to get into betting on it, it can be hard to gain money while losing a lot of cash on bigger bets. That is why on this page, we will be giving you some tips on how to play on these roulette sites in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
What is Roulette?
In casino roulette, you have a wheel with several pockets marked with distinct numbers from 1-36 and in alternating shades of black and red (except for a 0, and a 00 in the American version, which is coloured green). Next to it is a green table marked with different selections, including each number from 1-36, and different selections. Before the play, bettors are asked to place their chips on the table to represent their bets (a bettor can place their chip on a specific number, on a selection of numbers, or a specific section that represents a selection. Bettors are also allowed to wager more than once).
The dealer then drops the ball into the spinning roulette wheel, at which point no more bets are allowed, then wait for the ball to land in a pocket after rolling around the wheel. If the pocket the ball landed in corresponds to one or more of the bettors’ bets, the bettor wins a specific amount corresponding to that or those bets. But if it doesn’t correspond to any of their wagers, the bettor wins nothing and the dealer takes their wager.
History of Roulette
Roulette has very deep origins before it became a casino regular. French mathematician, physicist and inventor Blaise Pascal have been credited with inventing the roulette wheel back in the 18th century. The roulette was first intended for studying probability and a perpetual motion machine. Little did anyone know that his concept would help develop into a wildly popular casino game.
The zero on the wheel was only added later in 1842 when Francois and Lois Blanc designed a wheel with a zero on it for King Charles III of Monaco. The zero on the wheel was important because it gave the casino house a bigger edge.
Roulette then came over to the US in the 1800s and became popular with the locals. The Americans decided to increase the house edge by adding a double zero to the roulette wheel. This means that the American variation has 38 numbers, (1-36, 0,00) instead of the original design’s 37. This design could be seen in American casinos today but is hardly seen anywhere in Europe. Both varieties are seen in casinos in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines, although the European wheel is more prominent.
The Roulette Goes Online
Roulette wheels always got special spots in brick and mortar casinos because of their popularity with casino-goers, and their low buy-in amounts. Now, thanks to Internet web casinos throughout Asia, you no longer need to go to a casino to bet on this classing gambling game. You just have to go to a site, and click on one of the live roulette selections. A dealer in a casino set-up will then greet you and ask for your bet, which you will select on the electronic display roulette table on your gadget. Once the dealer drops the ball into the wheel during the live feed, betting is closed and you just wait until the ball settles into a pocket and reveals whether you have won or not.
The roulettes usually have lower buy-ins compared to casino card games. There are also plenty of roulette variants for bettors of the live casino to spice up their game when they play. There is “speed roulette” wherein the wheel spins a bit faster and could affect the result when compared to the regular speed of the roulette. There is also an online variety known as “lightning roulette”, where certain selections of the roulette table randomly add multiples when it is spinning, resulting in bonus winnings if the ball drops into a number that matches your bet.
These new variations add more excitement to a game that has been around for a long time. You can read the title so that you would know what type of the roulette you are getting into. Also, you can check out a review of the said online roulette on the Internet to see if it is worth putting bets on.
Types of Roulette Bets
Before anyone could seriously play roulette, they would have to know There are two main categories of bets, inside and outside bets. A couple of the inside and outside bets are common. Let’s get to know each of these bets.
These online roulette bets are called “inside bets” because the chips used for wagering are put in the inside numbers. The chips are not only put specifically on the numbers but also in strategic positions, signifying that the bet covers more than one number. They are the highest paying of the bets, but also have a lower probability of happening when compared to the outside bets. They include the following:
- Straight – This is a bet on a single number on the table. This type of roulette bet pays 35:1. While this is the highest paying bet, this also presents the most risk.
- Split – For this kind of bet a player wagers on the result of the outcome of two numbers adjacent to each other by placing a chip on it. This is the second-best paying bet of the game, paying 17:1.
- Square – Also referred to as a corner bet, the stake is put on bets that appear on a corner. This chip appears at the intersection of these numbers. The ratio of payout is 8:1.
- Street – In this bet, a player will bet on what comes out of three consecutive numbers set side by side. The payout for this is 11:1.
- Double street – This is a new take on the street bet. The stake here is placed on 6 numbers that comprise 2 horizontal lines. The payout for this bet is 5:1.
The following bets will depend on the specific roulette involved if it is American or European. This is because the American version has a green pocket numbered 0 and 00, while the European roulette has just a single green pocket with the number 0.
- First, four – This is only applicable to the European wheel, and the bet wins if its outcome Is 0-1-2-3.
- Basket – The player wagers on 0-00-1-2-3 and the corresponding outcome takes place.
- Trio – This bet is only on the three numbers that include a zero e.g. 0-2-3 on the European table, and 00-2-3 on the American roulette.
These bets are called “outside bets”, as their selections take place outside of the numbered area in the table. They offer smaller claim bonus payouts, but also have a greater chance of winning compared to the inside bets. They include the following:
- Low or high bet – There are areas marked 1-18 and 19-36; placing your bet on these will make you win if the ball lands in a number within this range. Bettors have a 1:1 chance of winning this.
- Red or Black Colour – You can bet on either all of the red-coloured squares with the numbers or the black-coloured squares with the numbers. The chance of winning this bet is 1:1.
- Odd or even number: The table has selections marked “Odd” or “Even” which signify betting on all odd numbers or all even numbers respectively. If the ball falls into the pocket of a number that fits your selection, the bet will payout 2:1.
- Column Bet: The roulette betting table has 3 columns of 12 numbers. Betting on a column successfully will help you win 2:1.
- Six-Line bet: This is a bet on 6 numbers. You place your chip on an intersection of two rows of numbers from the betting board, and a successful bet will payout 5:1.
- Dozen bet: These are like column bets, with bets numbered 1-12, 13-24 and 25-36. With a successful bet, a player will be paid out 2:1.
While the probability to win is low in a single straight bet, you can cover more ground in inside bets. What more, you tend to win more if you place multiple bets.
Choosing Between Online Roulette and Live Roulette
Having to choose between online and live roulette will boil down to one thing. Live roulette is more preferable for in house gaming. Online roulette on the other hand is more suited for playing against an interface. But it is more thrilling in live casino roulette because you have more competition, and you could also chat with other players in Singapore, Thailand or the Philippines while doing your live play on the casino.
Techniques to Use When Betting on Roulette
The main purpose why Singaporeans would like to try out roulette is to be able to practice their tricks to win real money. However, roulette could be tricky, and sooner or later people feel themselves going into a rut over successive losses at the wheel. There is no single trick guaranteed to make you win every ball roll, but if you want to increase your chances of winning you can take a cue from the tips below:
- Make use of the different angles on the live casino
Live roulette variants have different ranges of table options. You can look at betting histories and also view the roulette from different angles, like way deep inside the wheel and so on. Immersive Roulette is one such variety of the game that offers different angles to a roulette game. It can help the user create better bets.
- Play online demos
If you’re not that familiar with the game, you can try out the samples that websites provide to give you a feel of playing roulette. You can take this time to familiarize how to spread your bets, calculate your winnings against your original wagers, and so on. You could try different combinations and try observing the drop of the ball for an opportunity to increase your chance of getting a winning bet. Also, the advantage of such a game is that a player does not have to share information if not comfortable.
- Remember to bet within your bankroll and distribute your bets wisely
In live online roulette, you could position as many chips as you want on the dealing area for more chances of winning. However, if say, you bet on 5 selections and only won 2, which earned you lower than what you wagered, it can be considered a weak type of bet. At the same time, if you placed a large amount on just one selection and you lost it, it will also be a big loss for you. So Singapore and Philippines players need to remember to wisely position their chips, and only use small amounts if you’re going for multiple bets in one spin.
- Try to bet on the zero, or double zero, if you can.
A bet on the zero (or double zero – 00 – in the American version) is special because when the ball lands on it, other selections on the board automatically lose. That is why roulette bettors in Singapore and the Philippines put a chip on that position occasionally. However, the ball won’t land there all the time, and it could be sometimes rare, so putting a chip on or near the zero may only go to waste. Some bettors also include the 0 or 00 in a square or split bet with the 1, 2 or 3 so that they can cover more ground (although this results in a decreased payout from the 0 or 00 itself). The bottom line is: you can bet on the 0/00 for insurance, but don’t always bet on it or wager too much on it to avoid bigger disappointment later on.
- You don’t have to wager with every live roulette spin
If you feel like you are not comfortable with how a spin on the live roulette will turn out, you can pass first. The good thing about roulette is that you could lower your bet if you feel you’re not getting the luck of the draw. Just compose yourself when you’re ready to play again live, and be careful not to bet too much as this could backfire on you.
- Take a breather first from the game.
If you feel you are getting bad bet after bad bet, it may be time to step away first. Gambling with a tense attitude may turn out even worse for you. With a cool head, you become more comfortable betting, and you can trust your intuition more.
Sponsored by Egroup88